America’s population is aging and the numbers of elderly people are increasing. As a result, many families are searching for care options for their aging family members. These days, there are more options than there used to be. The option that is increasing in popularity is senior home services.
Benefits of receiving in home care
- They receive individualized care. This means they can have assistance with everyday things they need help with, but are free to accomplish other tasks on their own as long as they can still do them independently.
- They remain in the comfort of their own home.
- They are in familiar surroundings.
- Their neighborhood is the same; their friends are close by.
- They don’t have to make the adjustment to a new place which can be a devastating change for a senior.
- Any level of care is available, from a companion a few hours a week to round the clock intensive medical care, and all from the comfort of their home.
Most seniors choose to age in place, remaining at home during their retirement years. Studies have shown elders retain a higher quality of life in their home as compared to moving somewhere else. They are mentally stable and feel settled at home. This has a positive effect on their outlook and also on their physical health.
The costs are very reasonable, with in-home care being much more affordable than moving your loved one into a facility. There are no high monthly rent bills and all treatments are given at home. The cost is significantly less to hire quality senior care services.
Staying at home is much less stressful than trying to adjust to new surroundings. If the senior needs to transition from part-time daily care to live-in caregiving, it is easy to make that arrangement. The level of care can change and adapt as the elderly loved one’s needs change.
If your family member is scheduled to go to the hospital for an operation or is there due to an illness, you can arrange through senior care services for a caregiver to sit with them in the hospital room during recovery. It is understandable that you cannot be there every minute, especially if you have a family to take care of and a job to keep up to.
Senior care providers are trained, compassionate professionals who are qualified to take care of your elderly loved one.
The caregivers at Great Care are available to talk with you and your family about all of your senior care needs. Great Care is an elder care agency providing quality and affordable senior care in Greenwood, IN and the surrounding areas. Call (317) 595-9933 for more information.